Wednesday, 21 February 2018

Dusty Attic March Mood Board Challenge

This mood board wa sall about softness and pretty colours and there is  nothing softer than a beautiful little baby girl. 

I usually do a grungey style page but for this one, I decided to do a lovely baby girl page. I used Lindy Stamp Gang Magicals to add colour to the background. Painted the Dusty Attic chipboard with metalic paints to add richness. I layered the chipboard using foam tape to raise up the layers. To finish off, I used sugar frosting to add texture to the background. 

More Than Words March Challenge - COMFORTABLE

What a beautiful warm COMFORTABLE colour scheme. I love it. For this challenge I chose a gorgeous picture of my little dog Serge. We adopted him through an organisation that rescues dogs from the dog pounds. He was such a gorgeous little thing and our aim was to give him a secure life. This photo is off him lying on our lounge chair on his warm comfortable blanket. 

To make this page, I used clear crackle paste and painted strips along the wood grain pattern. When dry, I used a range of Lindy Stamp Gangs magicals to add colour. To add texture to the background, I stencilled a grungey diamond pattern and added Prima/Finnbair acrylic paints to add colour. Added embellishments included flowers and dry wall tape. Micro beads were sprinkle along the dry wall tape as well as white gesso randomly added to the background and flowers to create a grungey look.

For more inspiration follow the link to the More Than Words blog:

If you have enjoyed this layout, please leave me a comment :) 

Sunday, 11 February 2018

Dusty Attic - March Mood Board Project

This mood board was so lovely with soft colours. I thought I would create a layout that used the colours and theme in a grungy design. Using a DA stencil I created a stonework texture and added watered down colours to bring out the pattern. On top of the stencil, added another layer of texture which featured a steam punk rivet pattern. I added dark brown paint to highlight the lines of the rivets. Once dry, I stamped randomly around the main stencilled area with a range of stamps using sepia archival inks. On the outer edges, I stamped large diamonds with black archival ink. This all added to the grungy look of the page.

Using a variety of paints mixed with Prima Limestone paste to paint the geometric shapes that would be used as the base chipboard. 49 Market vintage flowers were sprayed with a brown mist and painted with various water colour paints to add the grungy colours. Once dried an extra dab of yellow on the edges to highlight one of the main colours of the mood board.

Finally adding gauze stiffened with Prima Structure Paste, chipboard bees painted and dabbed with watercolour paints, chipboard words all together to complete the page. Glue the bees randomly around the page and just under embellishments. Using bright yellow paint, dab on the edges of the gauze to a hint of colour. 

Tips: To help put all the pieces in place, glue small pieces of discarded chipboard onto the back of the flowers to lift them up to sit on top of the base embellishments.

For more inspiration, follow the link to the Dusty Attic Blog:

If you have enjoyed my layout and instructions, please take the time to add a comment to my blog. 

Friday, 2 February 2018

More Than Words - February Challenge - FOREVER

February, the month of LOVE... This challenge sent me straight to a wonderful photo I had of my husband and me when we were out. I loved the bright rich colours of the photos and also the feeling of FOREVER with the way we were sitting together. I have added small hearts in among the flowers. 

Here is our February Main Challenge:

For a chance to play along and win a prize, click on the following link:

Dusty Attic February Project Board Challenge

The theme of this mood board was all about grungyness, denim and rustic tones. I started by clear gessoing patterned paper and added some white gesso over the the main area that I would work with. Once dry, using a limestone paste, stenciled in and around the page so that once the embellishments were added, you could just see texture. Various  dark brown and blue sprays were used to add a depth of colour to the page. Spray with water to create drops. Next, I tore small strips of denim and frayed them, spraying with a dark blue mica colour to add some deeper colour to the fabric. I stuck them to the page under the photo area leaving the ends to curl up. I used distress oxide inks to colour the chipboard. Leather Colour Blast paste was used to add texture to the Mesh pieces. Finally using a variety of Dusty Attic paints, flicked colours over the main area to added some random colour. 

To finish the page, I used some pieces of pattered paper to build up the layers so that you can see parts all of the pieces in some form. Group the layers together. Finish with flicking some more colour over the chipboard, add the word - Explore (painted in red) and art stones to highlight the stone features of the paper. 

For more details of my layouts, follow the link to

I hope you enjoy and or more inspiration, follow the link to the Dusty Attic Blog: